This position will provide comprehensive Pediatric Dental care to patients in a primary health care delivery system. The Pediatric Dentist assumes the responsibility of providing the best care possible for all of patients. Provide preventive and restorative treatments for problems affecting the mouth and teeth. High moral character, ethics, and conduct are mandatory.
Responsibilities and Standards
· Perform oral examinations of hard and soft tissue while working with patients to maintain and restore quality health to everything within the mouth.
· Examine teeth and diagnose patients' dental conditions by using tools such as x-rays, dental instruments, and other diagnostic procedures.
· Clean, restore, extract, and replace teeth, using rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and/or surgical equipment.
· Evaluate the current health and condition of the patient’s teeth to determine diagnosis of dental condition, if any.
· Completes treatment planned procedures that are agreed upon by patient and parent/guardian, such as restoring teeth affected by decay and treating gum disease.
Perform pediatric dentistry services, including the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums, and related oral structures.
· Consults with the patient, parent and/or guardian and advises them of their dental status, prescribes the treatment needed, provides risks, benefits and alternatives.
· Perform oral cancer examinations, take and interpret radiographs.
· Provide dental services at any and/or all HCN dental facilities as necessary to meet department needs.
· Supervise and evaluate dental students and residents during their rotations at HCN’s dental facilities.
· Performs other related duties as indicated or when requested by a supervisor including moderate conscious sedation procedures and/or taking healthy or medically compromised children to perform restorative procedures under general anesthesia
? Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry (DMD or DDS)
? Must maintain required CE credits to maintain licensure
? Experience with nitrous oxide, oral sedation, IV sedation and/or general anesthesia preferred
Licenses & Certifications
? Possession of a current Florida license to practice dentistry
? Board Certification in Pediatric Dentistry
? Current CPR Certification in Basic Life Support, PALS Certification
? DEA License
? FL Certification in Moderate Sedation preferred
? Strong verbal and written communication skills
? Bi-lingual in Spanish/ English and/or Creole/English preferred
? Understanding of and ability to use Electronic Dental Record
Healthcare Network is a medical and dental home, where everyone in the community can receive patient-centered, team-based and comprehensive healthcare services – regardless of their income, insurance, or job status. Furthermore, all patients receive high-quality healthcare services at our practices throughout Collier County, Florida. In fact, Healthcare Network is accredited by AAAHC and certified as a Federally Qualified Health Center by HRSA. And, since 1977, Healthcare Network’s private, not-for-profit model has proven effective at meeting Southwest Florida’s needs.